Proposed Plan of Action
From US Go Wiki
- The ratings system contains more(?) information than expected. Based upon the example below, it seems that the additional information is the komi and the "p" value...presumably the computed probability that the first player listed will win the game. Example: McIntyre's computed probability of winning against Simpson is 52.476%.
- The inability to recreate the cross table (called "Wall list of the tournament" in the EGD) is a shame but should not prevent us from moving ahead. Please look at the EGD page for the 5th European Master Tournament. We can use exactly the same display for each tournament by replacing the "Wall list of the tournament" with a notation that "The cross table for this tournament is not available."
- Three years of data is three years better than what is available to the AGA membership today.
- Are they objections to the EGD page displays? I am not interested in re-writing what appears to be a reasonable set of displays. If there are specific objections to the EGD pages, we could re-write those pages or those sections of pages as a second phase of the project, once the first release has been completed.
- (Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:57:45) First draft of Plan of Action
- (Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:33:29) Obtain authorization from the AGA to work in accordance with the assumptions listed above.
- (Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:33:55) Contact the European Go Database and see if they will share and under what conditions/restrictions.
- (Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:23:53) Obtain from the European Go Database a point of contact for questions, suggestions, etc.
- (Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:23:53) Obtain the code and database schema for the EGD from them.